Friday 15 November 2013

Shiny distractions: How to wear patent


Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2012

Above catwalk images from Dolce & Gabbana S/S 14






Alexander Wang

ASOS

ASOS

ASOS

ASOS

ASOS

Topshop

Topshop




Topshop





Topshop

Topshop



ASOS

When I think of the word patent, it immediately stirs up an image of trying on much too big school shoes in the later summer months of my childhood. I remember pleading with my mother to get the patent version of the buckled Mary Janes with a grown-up half inch heel. Although Mum sided with it's boring matte version of a cousin and reasoned about scuff marks and playground unruliness, I merely blocked out her voice to imagine the adventures I was going to have with my shiny new friends.
Patent is a trend that is back this season, a step forward from previous leather obsessed trends. Whether patent leather, Vinyl, PVC  or PU it has been fashioned into bags, skirts, shoes and even coats. I am a huge fan of the colour versions. I usually am quite safe and go for black, when it comes to a trend as fleeting as this, but I would like to invest in a colour piece that can be used as statement piece.
I am loving the patent coats, especially the red version from TOPSHOP and also their black shift dress and cobalt blue skirt. ASOS have done a great peplum version in nude and black dress trimmed with faux fur !
I have put together some of my favourite patent items above, so you can shop your little hearts out.
What are you opinions on the patent trend?

That's all from me,
Love Dani xx

1 comment:

  1. god, I really struggle to wear patent but this post is actually really inspirational on how to go about it, thanks Dani :)

    ReplyDelete