Saturday 14 December 2013

Trending: Update your festive party look, with a dark Lip




Hi all !
So I am not a beauty blogger and I have never claimed to be good at, never mind interested in beauty. I prefer fashion and my beauty bag is very sad. It contains the basics. I always wear liquid eyeliner and it has to be a very special occasion for me to break out the eyeshadow, of which I own three!
However, when it comes to lipsticks, it's a whole other ball game. I love a good lipstick. It must be matte and a bold colour, which always works really well, with my already barely there look. It brightens and smartens up any look, straight away. My current favourites are orange and bright pink, with blood red being a staple. I am, however, loving the dark lip, that is also in trend at the moment.
I don't think I am brave enough for black, also because it reminds me of dressing up as Morticia Adams for the Halloween, as a kid. I do have my eye on some deep berry/burgundy shades that aren't as severe. I hope to find the right colour for the Christmas season. I want to wear mine with pale greys and sparkly silvers, for an over all cool palette.
Any recommendations for me, on brands that do a great dark berry, matte colour ? Have you tried this look and what is your verdict?

That's all for now,
Dani xx

3 comments:

  1. I wear mac cyber as a dark colour which is dark without being full black but its more of a dark purple than dark berry... and now Im jealous and want one of these colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dark lips!! I agree with you about the fact that they smarten up any look. I like mac matte lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete