Monday 17 October 2011

Under the Sea with Karl




Time seems to be flying by with my new job so I am slowly catching up with all the Spring/Summer 2012 shows, thank you youtube ! Of course one of the first on my list was Karl Lagefeld for Chanel.

My current location being Australia  means I have not been so keen to venture into its sparkling ocean, the home of too many hungry sharks. However Lagerfeld's dreamy under the sea inspired show made me wish I could replace the great whites with his incandscent sea princesses.








Futuristic mermaids floated down the runway in hues of mint, blushing pink and etheral whites. The look was feminine with flowing fabrics in translucent materials with pearl details.Trends included the 1930's drop waist, cropped jackets and full skirts.

Favourites include, the pearl belts, the delicate pearl piercings, the silver chelsea boots, the shell shaped clutch, a completely usless fashion purchase (my favourite kind of purchase) and Karl's bestie and muse Florence Welch (of Florence and the Machine) singing "What the water gave me" from an open shell, dressed as Queen of the mermaids.

Always a Chanel fan, I loved how Mr Lagerfeld, once again, put on a spectacular show. An ode to the beauty that nature forms (but that Karl perfects!).

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Chanel is gorgeous. Thank you so much for following me, following you back xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete